Friday, March 4, 2011

Soon There Will Be Spring Blooms

 

CF_JackNPulpit_May14

I can hardly wait until the woods start greening again
and the Jack In The Pulpits will be growing.

CF_WildBlueViolets_SM 

Violets will be blooming covering the forest floors.

CF_WildPhlox

The wild Phlox will add their blooms to the mix.

CF_WildColumbine2_May14

And the wild Columbines will be blooming along
the creek in the gorge.

CF_CinnamonFern2_May14

The Cinnamon Ferns will be growing in the shady
hollers and sending up shoots of brown.

CF_Tiarella_FoamFlower

The Tiarella Foam Flowers will bloom their
tiny white blooms.

 CF_WGeraniums2

Wild Geraniums will be blooming along the paths.

CH_BlueBells2_Spring

Bluebells will be decked out with their blooms of blue.

 

CH_Dutchman_Breeches_4_14

The funny blooms of Dutchmen's Breeches will 
be hanging down.

CH_DowneyYellowViolets_4_14  There will be blooms of yellow from the Downey Violets.

 

AC_Sp_Trillium

And white Trilliums will be everywhere around the rocky cliffs.

7 comments:

  1. Such an array of gorgeousness in your forests and on the cliffs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lona,

    I absolutely loved your blog site. I hope you don't mind my adding your blog sites to my blog roll.

    Thanks,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Srappy Grams: So glad that you dropped by. I live in a very gorgeous spot in Ohio. I am wanting it to warm up so bad so I can get out and get some new pictures to share.

    Asha: Hello and I am so glad you found my blogs. I am honored to be on your blog roll and will be over to visit your blog. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful forest flowers! You should be a tour guide for the hocking hills to point out all the beautiful flora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your photos. I used to live in Logan so I am pretty familiar with your area. Now I have a garden in Florida. Both places do have their own challenges and rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little violets, they grow everywhere here in Tennessee. The Virginia Bluebells are a favorite, and I am trying to get some going here in a woodland garden. Great photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These native woodland blooms are absolutely beautiful! I am lucky enough to have several of these in my backyard garden in what I call "my woodland edge." I hope to see them growing as happily as these you have pictured. I love a walk in the woods, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

" In Nature the Hand of God is Shown Daily"

Thank you for dropping by.